Welcome, State of the Browser attendees!
I’ve also put together a ton of resources to help you dig deeper into building simpler, more resilient web experiences.
🔥 Cyber Monday Sale (extended)! This week only, save 50% on Lean Web Club membership, private coaching, and all of my courses and workshops.
Get Daily Developer Tips
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 14k others.
Speedy Dev Insights
- Web Components
- Create your first Web Component in 5 minutes or less.
- Two-Way Data Binding & Reactivity
- How to use Proxies and 15 lines of vanilla JS to create reactive forms.
- 13 super rad web dev tricks
- My favorite patterns, tips, and tricks for working with vanilla JS.
- HTML first
- The Transitional Web
- Congrats, you’re a front end developer!
- What framework should I use?
- How to choose between developer tools
- Ditching TypeScript for vanilla JS
- SPAs were a mistake
- How to make MPAs that are as fast as SPAs
- Web development can literally kill people
- Build things that work, even when parts of it break
- When are developer tools worth using, and when do they just add more overhead?
- Myths about vanilla JS
- Progressive enhancement: the new hotness™
- Web tech is better. Developer norms are worse.
- Vanilla JS is a web performance decision
- Always bet on HTML
- How I structure my vanilla JS projects
- Accessibility is hard. It’s also your job.
- Just because a big, well-known tech company does something doesn’t mean you should, too
- Your website data is a lie
- Being a developer with ADHD
- Do I have ADHD?
- Your resume probably won’t be seen by a human
- The biggest mistake on your resume
- How to write resumes that get you an interview
- Coffee chats
- Interview red flags
- Finding a job that’s a good fit
Free Courses & Ebooks
- Vanilla JS Projects, a collection of 15 self-paced projects with short lessons, starting templates, and source code.
- The Lean Web is a set of principles for a simpler, faster world-wide web.
- Web Developer Career Guide covers how to find open roles, write resumes that get seen by an actual human, navigate the interview process, and more. Grab a free copy.
- DevJourney: From HR professional to the vanilla JS guy
- Doing Daily: How I publish to my newsletter every single weekday
- Smashing Podcast: Are modern developer best practices bad for the web?
- Smashing Podcast: Is the web dead?
- devMode.fm: Returning sanity to the web dev process
- We Belong Here: How to hack your job hunt
- Daily Developer Tips. I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, techniques, and ideas on how to build a simpler, more resilient web.
Looking for more? I also offer standalone courses and ebooks and project-based workshops. I host a podcast, post videos on YouTube, and talk about the Lean Web. I maintain several open source projects, including Kraken and ReefJS.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about anything, or just want to chat more about web development, send me an email or reach out on social media.