Learn how to stay relevant, hack the hiring process, and make more money as a web developer.
No one ever teaches you how to have a successful career.
- What should you learn next?
- How do you write a resume that actually gets looked at?
- How do you answer the question, “So, how much are you making now?”
- How do you negotiate a salary?
- How on earth do you have a 5-year plan in an industry that changes every week.
This is the stuff they don’t teach you in school.
A successful career is about building habits.
There’s no such thing as an overnight success.
All successful web developers share a set of habits and behaviors. They talk to a lot of people. They never stop learning. They share what they know with others. They solve problems. You can build these habits.
The Web Developer Career Guide provides you with a blueprint for building a successful career. It also gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the hiring process, so you can learn how to get a job that you’ll love and get paid what you deserve.
Here’s what you’ll learn
The Web Developer Career Guide covers the entire career process, from figuring out what you want to do to getting hired.
- The three key behaviors all successful developers have in common.
- How to keep up in an industry that’s constantly changing.
- How to find a new job without submitting resumes to the job board black hole.
- How to write resumes that get read by an actual human.
- How to kick ass at your next job interview.
- How to negotiate your salary and get paid what you deserve.
10 amazing tools and resources to help accelerate your career
- The Ultimate Resume Template
- Create a resume that breaks through the clutter, gets seen by a real human, and helps you land an interview.
- The Salary Worksheet
- A step-by-step process for figuring out how much money you should ask for, and what to use as bargaining chips.
- 4 Cheat Sheets
- Printable cheat sheets that give you quick access to critical info from the book, including the best places to find a new job.
- 2 Checklists
- Don’t miss a thing when writing your resume and prepping for your next job interview.
- 2 Bonus Chapters
- Awesome content that didn’t make it into the book.
Listen to interviews with experienced web developers and HR insiders on how to get hired, make more money, and have a kick-ass career.
Table of Contents
Here’s everything that’s in the book.
- How to figure out what to do next. The most common question I get asked is, “How do I figure out what to do next?” Learn the one magic question you can ask to figure that out.
- How to keep up. Once you’re a more seasoned developer, you start to feel like you can’t keep up with the pace of change in our industry.
- How to find out about open roles. There are three ways you can find open roles. Some are better than others.
- Your online portfolio sucks (and how to fix it). Is your portfolio an asset, or is it keeping you from getting the roles you want?
- Why job hunting sucks so bad. Because, the internet. And also, recruiters are overwhelmed. I’ll show you how to hack the process to your advantage.
- Your resume sucks (and how to fix it). Your resume probably sucks. And as a result, the people who could hire you aren’t even looking at it.
- How to kick ass at your next job interview. Interviews aren’t always fun. I’ll give you some practical techniques for kicking-ass at your next one.
- How to get paid what you deserve. What if you ask for too much and they decline? What if you ask for too little and screw yourself out of money? How do you know what a reasonable salary is for the role?
- What now? How to take what you’ve learned and go have a kick-ass career.
The Complete Package
Get everything you need to build a kick-ass career as a web developers.
- The Book (in PDF, EPUB, and MOBI formats)
- 10 Tools & Templates
- The All-Star Interviews
- FREE lifetime updates
Get it for free! The coronavirus is wrecking the economy. To help people who are now unexpectedly in need of work, the Career Guide is now totally free.
This book is great for…
- People who are just starting their web development career.
- Job hunters looking for practical advice on how to land their next gig.
- Web developers who find the pace of change in our industry overwhelming and aren’t sure what to do next.
- People who understand there’s no such thing as an overnight success.
My 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
Don’t put off building a kick-ass career! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the book, let me know within 30 days of purchase and I’ll give you a full refund.
About the Author
Hi, I'm Chris Ferdinandi. I'm a former HR guy turned front-end web developer.
As an HR pro, I used to teach engineers and developers how to find new jobs and grow their careers. A few years ago, I used my own advice to change careers, become a front-end developer, and grow my salary by 44.8%.
I want to share my inside knowledge to help you stay relevant, hack the hiring process, and make more money.
Ready to buy “The Web Developer Career Guide”?
If you have any questions or comments, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.