When I built JetPack last year, I used WordPress to handle the user and content management so I could focus on building a great experience. Right now, I’m working on another app – a scavenger hunt for new hires – and I’m using WordPress again.
As part of my new project, I’ve rebuilt my WordPress for Web Apps toolkit from the ground up.
WordPress for Web Apps is a collection of functions, templates and plugins that transform WordPress into a web app engine. It comes with the essential components you need to power your web app with WordPress:
- A login form.
- A sign-up form.
- A password reset form.
- A password change form.
- Templates for content that can only be viewed while logged in (or logged out).
- A customized registration email.
- A disabled admin bar for all users.
- No access to the back-end for anyone except admins.
- User-specific navigation.
- A logout link.