Ever heard of a 10x engineer? They’re this mythical creature that allegedly generates ten times the value of a typical engineer.
I was utterly delighted when someone shared the 1x engineer website with me! The site includes a list of “qualities that make up a 1x engineer,” and they sure are great!
- Searches Google, Duckduckgo, Bing, or wherever they like when they’re not sure what’s up.
- Copy/pastes code snippets from Stack Overflow, Glitch, Codepen, or wherever they find answers.
- Gives credit where credit is due.
- Creates community and shares knowledge.
- Spends time on things outside of engineering, like hobbies, friends, and family.
- Has a schedule that allows them to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and respects others’ time-boundaries, too.
Go visit 1x.engineer to view the whole list!