First time here? I’ve put together a ton of resources to help you dig deeper into vanilla JS.
- The web is not dying
- How I structure my vanilla JS projects
- Modern JS is gatekeeping
- The Tao of web development
- Building accessible websites and web apps is a moral obligation
- The problem with single page apps
- Three tricks for building an insanely fast website
- Overengineering CSS
- Just because a big, well-known tech company does something doesn’t mean you should, too
- Why I love polyfills
- Does progressive enhancement still matter?
- Build for failure
- Progressive enhancement and the next billion users
- Your website data is a lie
- My three principles for building for the web
- Building low-impact websites
Get Daily Developer Tips
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web. Join 7,600+ daily subscribers.
- Script & Style: Vanilla JS and the Lean Web
- devMode.fm: Returning sanity to the web dev process
- The Shop Talk Show: The power of the native web
- Hanselminutes: Maybe just use vanilla JS
- What’s wrong with CSS-in-JS?
- Accessibility is a moral obligation
- The developer experience is bullshit
- Old doesn’t mean obsolete
The Lean Web Talk & Ebook
The web is a bloated, over-engineered mess. The Lean Web is a set of principles for a simpler, faster world-wide web.
- Daily Developer Tips. I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web.