Welcome, Smashing Podcast listeners!
Thanks for listening to me chat with Drew about vanilla JS, frameworks, and challenges building for the modern web.
I’ve put together a ton of resources to help you dig deeper into the Lean Web.
⏰🦉 Early Bird Sale! Today and tomorrow, get 40% off registration in the next session of the Vanilla JS Academy.
Get Daily Developer Tips
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 13k others.
- The web is not dying
- Always bet on HTML
- How I structure my vanilla JS projects
- Modern JS is gatekeeping
- The Tao of web development
- Building accessible websites and web apps is a moral obligation
- The problem with single page apps
- Three tricks for building an insanely fast website
- Overengineering CSS
- Just because a big, well-known tech company does something doesn’t mean you should, too
- Why I love polyfills
- Does progressive enhancement still matter?
- Build for failure
- Progressive enhancement and the next billion users
- Your website data is a lie
- My three principles for building for the web
- Building low-impact websites
The Lean Web Talk & Ebook
You can watch my talk on the Lean Web, or read it in ebook form, at LeanWeb.dev.
There’s also a ton of free resources for building simpler, faster websites on the site.
- The Web Platform Podcast: Lean Web Dev
- Script & Style: Vanilla JS and the Lean Web
- devMode.fm: Returning sanity to the web dev process
- The Shop Talk Show: The power of the native web
- Hanselminutes: Maybe just use vanilla JS
- What’s wrong with CSS-in-JS?
- Accessibility is a moral obligation
- The developer experience is bullshit
- Old doesn’t mean obsolete
- Daily Developer Tips. I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, techniques, and ideas on how to build a simpler, more resilient web.
- Projects. Each self-paced project includes a few short lessons and a template to get you started. Complete it on your own or code along with me.
- Courses & Books. Short, focused video courses and ebooks made for beginners. Learn the ins-and-outs of a topic in about an hour.
- Online Workshops. Work on fun projects, follow a structured learning path, and get the support you need to work through challenges.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about anything, or just want to chat more about the Lean Web, send me an email at email@example.com.