Chris Ferdinandi’s ResumeGreater Boston, MA • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile-First RWD
- HTML and CSS
- Unit Testing
- Writing Documentation
- Web Performance
- Sass & SCSS
- Gulp, Git, and Travis CI
- WordPress and PHP
- Education & Training
- Through podcast appearances and talks I’ve helped evangelize a more resilient, inclusive approach to web development.
- My open source projects have been used by some of the world’s leading organizations, including Apple, Harvard Business, and CNN.
- Used dozens of client conversations to inform key feature development, resulting in a robust set of strongly desired new features that our customers love.
- Open sourced a collection of “starter templates” based on common design patterns and use cases, and turned them into a theme builder using the GitHub content API. This has helped customers who want to DIY build portals faster and easier so they can focus on running top-notch API programs.
PAWS New England rescues abandoned and abused dogs and places them in safe and loving homes. I partnered with them to redesign their entire web strategy, with powerful results.
- Annual donation revenue doubled.
- PAWS was featured in an HBO documentary about shelters and rescues.
- Web traffic is up 4.7x, and mobile traffic is 27x higher.
Harvard Business School’s Digital Initiative is focused on studying & shaping the digital transformation of the economy. They needed an easy way to keep students connected to the curriculum and share emerging trends.
- Reduced load time by 500%.
- Integrated API content feeds into WordPress for fast, one-click publishing.
- Added numerous accessibility enhancements to ensure everyone can access their content, regardless of their capabilities.
- Senior Mashery Portal Design Engineer, Mashery, September 2014 - Present
- Web Strategy Consultant, Go Make Things, March 2010 – Present
- Front-End Developer, Constant Contact, April 2014 - August 2014
- Web Designer and Developer, EMC Corporation, July 2011 – March 2014
- Employee Development, EMC Corporation, October 2009 - July 2011
- Associate HR Generalist, EMC Corporation, June 2008 - October 2009
- HR Coordinator, A.T. Cross, August 2006 - June 2008
University of Rhode Island
- Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, 2006
- Master of Science, Human Resources, 2009