As the names imply, both make it easier for developers to work with the Petfinder API. PFAPI for WordPress required a working knowledge of PHP and plugin development, and required the developer to do a lot of custom development. I also received an email from someone who wanted a custom Petfinder API solution but whose CMS did not allow them to access server-side code.
- A simple templating system with variables to drop API data into any markup structure.
- Asynchronous page loading and cached API data (with an expiration date) in
localStoragefor better performance.
- Full customization of all output text.
- Optional scripts to filter results and toggle between pet images.
- An optional loading indicator, and fallback content for unsupported browsers.
- More articles on...