Kraken 4 was released this morning. This is the best version of Kraken yet. Here’s what’s new.
- SVG Support
- Kraken now features an SVG sprite generator, as well as an SVG feature test for some conditional styling.
- Goodbye IE 8
- Kraken 4 drops optimization for IE 8. That means no more conditional classes on the
<html>element, and HTML5 shim has been removed. IE 8 users will get a very minimal, content-focused, single-column experience.
- Documentation Generator
- A built-in documentation generator makes it easier for you to keep your team informed and teach clients about how to use the things you build with Kraken.
- Sass 3 Features
- Sass variables and the new
@eachloop make extending the grid and adding icon fonts much easier.
- New Namespacing
- The feature detection script was renamed
.text-tallwas changed to
.text-largefor better semantics and extensibility.