Skip to main content Accessibility Feedback

Issues with Google-hosted jQuery

Note: I eventually figured out that there was a firewall setting causing the issues, and have since switched back to the Google CDN of jQuery.

I’ve stopped using Google’s hosted version of jQuery, and have instead switched the the one provided by

In testing JetPack, I noticed that jQuery wasn’t loading on my iPad or iPod Touch when connected to the corporate network. On 3G, it worked fine. I thought it might have something to do with the network’s firewall, so I tested at home, too.

jQuery worked fine on my iPad, but not on the iPod, which is about 4 years old at this point. Peculiar.

I loaded the page in Chrome on iOS and discovered that the Google version was, ironically, causing a browser security error. I switched to the version hosted directly at and the issue went away.

I’m not sure why that would be the case, but I’ve updated this site, Go Mobile First, and the Web App Starter Kit to use the jQuery hosted version anyways.