AND, you’ll automatically get any new pocket guides I release in the future, completely free.
🔥 New! All of my pocket guides have been updated for ES6 with new methods, techniques, and browser APIs.
- DOM Manipulation. Learn how to get DOM elements and do awesome stuff with them.
- Strings, Arrays, and Objects. Transform and edit strings, arrays, and objects to make working with them easier and more productive.
- Variables, Functions, and Scope. What are arrow functions? What’s function hoisting? What’s the difference between
const, and when should you use each?
- DOM Injection and Traversal. Learn how to generate dynamic content, climb up and down the DOM, and more.
- Browser Storage. Store data in local storage, get and set cookies, and retrieve values from query strings.
- Ajax & HTTP. Learn how to make HTTP requests, asynchronously grab HTML from another page, and more.
- Bugs and Browser Quirks (rewrite planned). Making your scripts work across browsers can be tough. Learn how to make it way easier.
- Writing Plugins. Learn how to write flexible, modular, scalable plugins that grow with you and your users.
- Web Apps. Build interactive web apps and single page apps without libraries or frameworks.
You'll also get these awesome bonuses
- All of the source code and well-documented demos so that you can see the lessons in action.
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
About the Instructor
Ready to buy?
- The Source Code & Demos
- Exclusive Slack Access
- FREE Updates for Life
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the pocket guide include new ES6 methods?
- Yes. Where applicable, I cover new ES6 functions and browser APIs. I also include polyfills when available to push browser support as far back as possible.
- What happens if I buy a pocket guide and you release an update? Will I need to buy the new version, too?
- No. You get free updates for life, sent to you by email whenever new content is available.
- Can I buy a print version of the pocket guide?
- Pocket guides are available exclusively in digital formats. This makes it easy for you to get updates whenever new techniques, approaches, and best practices emerge. Given the rapidly changing nature of the web, this ensures you'll always have the latest and greatest version of the guide.
- Do you offer team discounts?
- If you want to purchase more than one copy of the pocket guides, email me at email@example.com.
- Do you offer a student discount?
- Absolutely! This applies to anyone in any type of schooling, including evening classes and coding bootcamps. Learn more about student discounts.
- I have a poor exchange rate in USD. There's no way I can afford this.
- I totally get that in some countries salaries and cost of living are such that the pocket guides are unaffordable. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you a discount to make it fair for where you live.
- I'm not a student. Any other discounts?
- Yep. I've had a lot of helping getting where I am, and I want to pay it forward. If you're a member of an under-represented group in tech, you can get special pricing. Learn more about discounts for under-represented groups in tech.
- Do you have a return policy?
- Absolutely! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the book, email me at email@example.com within 30 days of purchase and I’ll give you a full refund.
- If I buy just one guide and love it, can I upgrade to a bundle?
- Absolutely. Just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount code for the difference between the two packages.
- I lost or never received my download link. What do I do?
- Visit https://gomakethings.com/self-service and enter the email address you used to make your purchase to have your download links resent to you.
- Are there any restrictions on the pocket guides or source code?
- Nope. I trust you to do the right thing. My content is 100% DRM free. If you'd like to share the pocket guide with others, please email me at email@example.com for information about team pricing.
- Do I need any special tools or equipment to use the pocket guides?
- All you need to work with the source code, projects and labs is a modern web browser and a text editor (I recommend Code). The pocket guides come in PDF, EPUB, MOBI, and HTML formats, so you can read it on any device you own.
- Are there any rules or requirements around the Slack team?
- Yes. You must be at least 18 years old, and read and agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
- I can't use Stripe to pay but really want to buy the pocket guides. How else can I buy it?
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out so that you're able to purchase the guide.
- I have another question.
- No problem! Send me an email at email@example.com.
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web.