If you’re sick of hostile answers on StackOverflow, bad documentation, and confusing or out-of-date tutorials, these are for you.
🔥 New! All of my pocket guides have been updated for ES6 with new methods, techniques, and browser APIs.
- The Complete Set. Every pocket guide in the collection, including any new ones that come out in the future.
- The Beginner’s Bundle. Kick-start your journey to vanilla JS with these essential pocket guides.
- DOM Manipulation. Learn how to get DOM elements and do awesome stuff with them.
- Strings, Arrays, and Objects. Transform and edit strings, arrays, and objects to make working with them easier and more productive.
- Variables, Functions, and Scope. What are arrow functions? What’s function hoisting? What’s the difference between
const, and when should you use each?
- DOM Injection and Traversal. Learn how to generate dynamic content, climb up and down the DOM, and more.
- Browser Storage. Store data in local storage, get and set cookies, and retrieve values from query strings.
- Ajax & HTTP. Learn how to make HTTP requests, asynchronously grab HTML from another page, and more.
- Bugs and Browser Quirks (rewrite planned). Making your scripts work across browsers can be tough. Learn how to make it way easier.
- Building Your Own Microlibrary (coming soon). Speed up your development time by creating custom, tiny libraries with the polyfills and helper functions that you use the most.
- Writing Plugins. Learn how to write flexible, modular, scalable plugins that grow with you and your users.
- Web Apps. Build interactive web apps and single page apps without libraries or frameworks.
Get Daily Developer Tips
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web.