Welcome, Drunken UX Podcast listeners!
Thanks for listening to me chat with Michael and Aaron about vanilla JS, frameworks, and challenges building for the modern web.
(Oh, and naval jelly!)
I’ve put together a ton of resources to help you dig deeper into the Lean Web.
Get Daily Developer Tips
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web. Join 10,700+ daily subscribers.
- The web is not dying
- Always bet on HTML
- How I structure my vanilla JS projects
- Modern JS is gatekeeping
- The Tao of web development
- Building accessible websites and web apps is a moral obligation
- The problem with single page apps
- Three tricks for building an insanely fast website
- Overengineering CSS
- Just because a big, well-known tech company does something doesn’t mean you should, too
- Why I love polyfills
- Does progressive enhancement still matter?
- Build for failure
- Progressive enhancement and the next billion users
- Your website data is a lie
- My three principles for building for the web
- Building low-impact websites
The Lean Web Talk & Ebook
You can watch my talk on the Lean Web, or read it in ebook form, at LeanWeb.dev.
There’s also a ton of free resources for building simpler, faster websites on the site.
- The Web Platform Podcast: Lean Web Dev
- Script & Style: Vanilla JS and the Lean Web
- devMode.fm: Returning sanity to the web dev process
- The Shop Talk Show: The power of the native web
- Hanselminutes: Maybe just use vanilla JS
- What’s wrong with CSS-in-JS?
- Accessibility is a moral obligation
- The developer experience is bullshit
- Old doesn’t mean obsolete
- Daily Developer Tips. I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web.
If you have questions about anything, or just want to chat more about the Lean Web, send me an email at email@example.com.