Welcome, Compressed.fm listeners!
I’ve put together a ton of resources to help you dig deeper into building simpler, more resilient web experiences.
🔥 Cyber Monday Sale (extended)! This week only, save 50% on Lean Web Club membership, private coaching, and all of my courses and workshops.
Get Daily Developer Tips
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 14k others.
- The Transitional Web
- Congrats, you’re a front end developer!
- SPAs were a mistake
- How to make MPAs that are as fast as SPAs
- When are developer tools worth using, and when do they just add more overhead?
- Myths about vanilla JS
- Progressive enhancement: the new hotness™
- Web tech is better. Developer norms are worse.
- Vanilla JS is a web performance decision
- Always bet on HTML
- How I structure my vanilla JS projects
- Accessibility is hard. It’s also your job.
- Overengineering CSS
- Just because a big, well-known tech company does something doesn’t mean you should, too
- Your website data is a lie
- Being a developer with ADHD
- Do I have ADHD?
Free Courses & Ebooks
- Vanilla JS Projects, a collection of 15 self-paced projects with short lessons, starting templates, and source code.
- The Lean Web is a set of principles for a simpler, faster world-wide web.
- Web Developer Career Guide covers how to find open roles, write resumes that get seen by an actual human, navigate the interview process, and more. Grab a free copy.
- Smashing Podcast: Are modern developer best practices bad for the web?
- Smashing Podcast: Is the web dead?
- devMode.fm: Returning sanity to the web dev process
- We Belong Here: How to hack your job hunt
- Daily Developer Tips. I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, techniques, and ideas on how to build a simpler, more resilient web.
Looking for more? I also offer standalone courses and ebooks and project-based workshops. I host a podcast, post videos on YouTube, and talk about the Lean Web. I maintain several open source projects, including Kraken and ReefJS.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email me directly at email@example.com.
If you have questions about anything, or just want to chat more about web development, send me an email or reach out on social media.