A fast, responsive website is better for your business.
- 40% of users abandon a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load. That number skyrockets to 74% after 5 seconds.
- Google discovered that delays of just 1/2 a second resulted in a 20% decrease in traffic and ad revenues.
- A third of all Americans use a mobile device as their primary or only way of accessing the web. In places like India, Egypt, Africa, more than half of all web users are mobile-only.
- The Aberdeen Group found that organizations that used responsive web design grew brand awareness, revenues, and visitor-to-buyer conversions at rates 2x-7x greater than those that didn’t.
Need help convincing a client or business leader to invest in web performance and responsive web design? Here’s some more data to help you make the case.
Gone to the dogs
I helped all-bred dog rescue PAWS New England build a site that “just works” on whatever device their adopter has on them.
- Traffic grew by 5x over three years.
- Mobile traffic increased by 2,700% during that same period.
- Visited by almost 800 different web-connected devices in the last year.
Having Chris on our team has allowed us to reach a much larger audience and develop a brand that we can be extremely proud of.
Kelly Parker, PAWS New England Cofounder
Read the case study →
5 free tools and tutorials
Want to learn more about responsive web design and front-end web performance? Here are a few articles I’ve written to get you started. If you decide you’d like to work with me, it’s a nice introduction to how I do things.
- Wicked Fast Websites (a free ebook)
- Inlining Critical CSS for better performance
- Building websites that work on an e-ink kindle
- Why using current user data to justify not optimizing for mobile is b*llshit
- Ditching jQuery